Lorenz BMW Z1 ´92
In high school I used to supplement my pocket money at a petrol station….
The tenant drove a red BMW Z1..
Since then, I've never let go of that thing…..\
And before I got so old that I couldn't get out of the car, I thought: I'll check something off the bucket list again…
BMW Z1 “Lorenz” Ez 2/'92
At that time it was available from Lorenz for 109.000,- D-Mark
- 2.7L with officially 204 HP
- 284° camshaft (or 272°?)
- tubular headers
- Metal catalytic converters
- 4-pipe exhaust
- 40mm lower due to H&R springs
- Koni dampers
- MOMO steering wheel
- Stereo (Alpine, Class-D amplifier and MB-Quart 3-way speakers)
There were a few “jobs” to do:
Change front wheel bearing urgently
Fuel hose between pump and filter leaking…..
Gearbox oil was due (and too little)
Polishing the rear window….
What was done (preventively):
- Engine timing belt/tensioner pulley + Wapu
- Lambda sensor
- Temperature sensor control unit + display
- Air filter
and what else I notice during further test drives….